Welcome to the transportation department at South Range Local Schools. We are excited for the 2018-2019 school year and hope your child is ready for an amazing year. Please review our page for transportation information.
Director of Transportation:
Office located in the bus garage. Hours are between 6:00 A.M. and 4:30 P.M.
Bus #2 - Mr. Ed Schaefer, Jr.
Bus #3 - Mrs. Meri Coler
Bus #4 - Mr. Dwight Stacy
Bus #5 - Mrs. Brenda Hammond
Bus #6 - Mr. Jim Terry
Bus #8 - Mrs. Donna Evans
Bus #9 - Mrs. Carla Yankowski
Bus #10 - Mr. Eric Bodine
Bus #14 - Mrs. Tammy Witmer
Bus #15 - Miss Kathy Ramsey
Bus #18 - Mrs. Sara Baird
Bus #19 - Mr. Jack Nemergut
Bus #20 - Miss Julie Johnson
Bus #21 - Mr. Steve Kapus
Bus #22 - Mrs. Janet Freedy
Bus #23 - Mr. Anthony Freedy
Van #26 - Mrs. Dee Brumbaugh
Bus #27 - Mr. Ken Ahlquist
Bus #22 - Mrs. Colleen Kersten
Mr. Paul Cubick
Mr. Bob Donaldson
Mrs. Lacey Kramer
Mr. Keith Martig
Mr. Dan Shipley
Mr. Scott Yungen
Mr. Paul Cubick
Mr. Ryan Dunn
Spare Buses: 1, 7, 11, 12, 16, 17, 24, 25
Standard Bus Rules:
1. Observe same conduct as in the classroom,
2. Be Courteous. Do not use profane language.
3. Do not eat or drink on the bus.
4. Keep the bus clean.
5. Cooperate and be respectful to the bus driver.
6. Do not vandalize or damage the bus.
7. Stay in your seat until the bus stops. Back on back, sit on seat, feet on floor.
8. Keep head, hands, and feet (and all belongings) out of the aisle and inside the bus.
9. Keep your hands to yourself. No physical contact.
10. Bus driver is authorized (by Ohio Revised Code) to assign seats.
At Your Bus Stop
- Do not play in the street or in your neighbor’s yard.
- Be at the bus stop on time. This means being outside TEN minutes before the bus arrives.
- Wait for the bus in a single-file line. Do not push one another.
- Never talk to strangers. If you are approached by a stranger, call 9-11 and/or run to safety to tell someone.
- Wear clothes are proper for the weather conditions and bright enough so the drivers can see you.
- Wait for the bus driver to tell you it’s safe to enter the bus. Whether you are on the right side or the left side of the road, the driver will always give you a hand signal to enter the bus.
Getting On Your Bus
- Wait for the bus driver to signal you in. On the left side, wait for the hand signal to cross the road. On the right side, wait for the driver to signal you in to enter the bus.
- Take 10 giant steps in front of the bus before crossing the street so as you are not in the ‘Danger Zone’.
- Wait until the bus comes to a complete stop.
- Line up as the bus gets close. At least 10-20 giant steps away from the road.
- Wait your turn to get on the bus. There are plenty of seats for everyone.
- Use the handrail to get on the bus so you don’t fall.
On Your Bus
- Stay in your seat.
- Face the front of the bus.
- Keep your hands and feet out of the aisle.
- Keep your book bag and belongings in your lap.
- Do not throw things in the school bus or out of the bus windows.
- Wait for the bus to stop before standing.
- Listen to the bus driver.
- When South Range is NOT in session, MCCTC MUST provide their own ride to South Range High School for a ride on one of our buses to MCCTC. The bus will bring them back at the end of the day as well.
Our mission in the transportation department here at South Range is to safely and efficiently transport our most precious cargo to and from school and all extra-curricular activities. Our drivers go above-and-beyond the call of duty with their careers and truly want to make a difference in our school system, community, and beyond.